Ensure that your firewood is fully seasoned. Then enjoy a fire with less smoke, reduced chimney deposits & lower environmental pollution. Fuel quality is the single most important aspect of making a successful fire. To burn effectively the moisture content of firewood needs to be less than 20%, whether it be an open fire or in a stove. Freshly felled timber has a moisture content of between 30% and 60%, depending on the type of wood. The Valiant moisture meter can also be used in timber, floors and buildings in order to detect and measure moisture content. An essential need is to be able to correctly interpret the Moisture Meter’s display, with ease. This model not only has a backlight screen to illuminate the reading but the built-in colour change technology clearly indicates the moisture level of the firewood. Requires 2 x 1.5V AAA alkaline battery (not included).
- Easy to use and read, even in poor light
- Measure moisture content of wood fuels, structural timber and Brickwork
- Measure temperature in °c or °F
- Colour coded indicator to show suitability of wood for burning
- Complete with protective storage bag