Open Water Sports Essential Care Kit
Our Open Water Essential Care Kit comes complete with a microfibre towel, floating thermometer, and a multi-function whistle to give you peace of mind when partaking in activities such as open water swimming, paddle boarding, kayaking and much more.
Microfibre towels take up a fraction of the space of a standard cotton towel and are extra absorbent for water and sweat. They can be re-used numerous times without hygiene or odour issues and will dry out quickly after use by just hanging up. As such, these are the perfect towels to use for sports and outdoor pursuits.
A whistle is an essential tool for all water sports participants. A whistle is the best tool for alerting other members of your team and safety officers should you get into any difficulties whilst on the water. Our whistle also doubles up as a compass, a mirror signaller and a waterproof storage container for matches complete with a flint for lighting.
Open water swimmers are likely to be exposed to a wide range of temperatures when swimming outside. In the UK, inland waters can be as low as zero in winter to as high as the mid-20s in peak summer. Coastal waters vary from low single digits to the high teens. The water temperature has a massive impact on how you swim and how long you can safely stay in the water. It is therefore essential that you check the water temperature prior to taking part in any activity and that you follow the health and safety guidelines relating to that temperature.
- Includes microfibre tower, floating water temperature thermometer plus a 5-in-1 multi-purpose whistle
- Microfibre towel measures 95cm x 45cm and is supplied in a convenient carry bag (85% Polyester / 15% Polyamide)
- Additional whistle features include a compass, signalling mirror, flint, and waterproof match container as well as neck rope – measures 11.5cm x 3cm
- Floating Thermometer measures 17.5cm x 4.5cm with a temperature range from 0°c – 50°c
- Perfect for all water sports including open water swimming, paddle boarding, kayaking, rowing and more